Monday, November 30, 2009

Sick...

Ugh.  I have had the worst sinus infection for almost a week now.  I can't taste at all, smell, and I can barely hear.  I couldn't even taste my Thanksgiving dinner I spent four hours making.  Today was the first appointment I could get at the doctor.  I can't wait to go!  I have been using a netipot and taking Mucinex to try to alleviate some of the congestion.  Works for a minute, then it comes right back.  I am so tired of being sick.

We decided to extend the Thanks sale until today, so today is the last day to get 20% off your entire order.  Just enter the code Thanks at checkout.  Hodgepodge will only be available until January 1st.  Then we will be getting ready for spring.  Just wanted to give you fair warning.

I will be putting fabric up for sale on the blog later today.  Wholesale prices, and lots to choose from.  The fabric will ship within 48 hours of payment.  Plenty of time to make some holiday goodies for your friends and family.  There is nothing like a handmade gift in my opinion.

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.  Ours was nice with the exception of me being sick.  The day after Thanksgiving, the NYSE has family day.  We get to go to work with Chris on the floor, and then go upstairs to do all the activities.  Marvel comics sponsored it this year.  So I was up at 5:30 am to go with Chris and the girls.  I so was not feeling good, but I had to go so the girls could go upstairs and do all the activities.  The girls love going, and it is quite interesting to watch what Chris does, and see all the buzz on the floor.  Chris's spot is right when the reporters film on CNBC, and guess what?  We were on tv.  My mom happened to catch it, and DVR'd it, and there we were with Chris.  Ava had on her GenMarie, which caught my mom's eye as she was flipping through the channels.  I haven't seen it, but I wish I would have thought to DVR it.  The kids would have gotten such a kick out of seeing themselves.  The girls got gift bags and got to get spray tattoos, their faces painted, see Santa and a magic show, and do some arts and crafts.  They had a great time.

I can't believe Christmas is less than a month away!  I have not started shopping yet, and need to get my butt in gear.  They did get all the Zhu Zhu Pets and their accessories thanks to my mom who lives down south.  I told her about it in September, and she was able to find them then.  They will be so excited.  It was a nice mild day here yesterday, so Chris got the girls dressed and I dragged myself out to take their pictures for our Christmas cards.  We went to my favorite spot down the road, brought my $5 garage sale find chair, and took 10 minutes to get some really pretty shots of them.





I am really happy with the way they came out.  I forget how much I love photography.  I need to spend more time working on it.

Wow, I had a lot to say this morning...that's what happens when you are disconnected for a week.  Check back later for the fabric.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the fabric on sale!!! I agree, handmade gifts ARE the best!!!

    Your kids are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Copyright 2009 GenMarie. All rights reserved. Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio