Sunday, June 3, 2007

The End Of The Weekend Already...



How does that happen, before I know it, the weekend is over, and I have not gotten nearly as much done as I had hoped. There are just not enough hours in the day. I did get a fair amount of sewing done this weekend which is good.

Let's see, first I have to share this picture of Ava with you. I played around with it, and I love how it looks.




Second, I went to see the movie Knocked Up last night with my sister, and it was HYSTERICAL!!!! I love Katherine Heigl. As you now I am Grey's obsessed, and she was great in this movie. It was non stop laughs the whole time, and had a great story line. I don't go to the movies often, and the last three movies I saw at the theatre were animated...so this was a treat.

Tune in Tuesday for BIG happenings with WisteriaLane! I can't reveal anything, but I promise you will want to check this out!


And one last personal note from my life. This is a picture of the glider rocking chair I bought when I was pregnant with Emma. This is a picture of a pretty new one, because if you saw mine, you would faint! Five years of spills, spitup, use and other happenings have made my favorite chair quite worn and ratty looking. But I can't bring myself to get rid of it. This chair never made it to either of the girl's nurserys, it has been in living room, clashing with my beautiful Ethan Allen furniture. This chair has so many memories...those first nights rocking Emma when she would awake wondering when I would ever sleep again! Then watching videos with Emma while I was pregnant with Ava. It was the only way I could get an active 18 month old to sit with me during the long hot summer days of the end of my pregnancy. Then rocking Ava, who was so colicky(sp?), I thought I would just die. To now, my most precious memory that I know I will forever treasure, at the end of every day, Emma and I sit in that tattered chair, and watch her favorite show, PostMan Pat, before she goes to bed. She curls up on my lap with her doggy, who is her lovey and man does he show he show signs of 4 years of love, and her blankie, and we watch the show until it is time to go to bed. This is what being a mom is all about...

5 comments:

  1. Awww, you left a little tear in my eye with your chair memories! Motherhood is exhausting and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp* what's going on with WisteriaLane???? I will definately be checking back in on Tuesday!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, vibrant picture of your baby! Loved the little glimpse into your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dying to see that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies!

    Definitely go see it Amelia! It was so funny!

    ReplyDelete

© Copyright 2009 GenMarie. All rights reserved. Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio