Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Normalcy...


: the state or fact of being normal

Lately I have been yearning to return to normalcy.  But really what is normal.  It's an individual thing I guess.  To me, it is when life was simpler and easier.  When the country wasn't in dire straights due to our failing economy, when I was in good health.  It has been one thing after another, and thankfully, this has nothing to do with GenMarie.  My tooth had been killing me for a few weeks, and I was trying to hold out from going to the dentist, well, because, he wants money, and honestly, I don't have much of that right now, but I finally went last week.  Turns out I had an abscess and a cracked tooth.  Fun.  Tomorrow night I go back, and he may have to pull the tooth.  It depends on which way it cracked.  

Then Monday, I went for my yearly checkup at the Gyn, and she doesn't like the way the tissue feels in my left breast, and how my lymph nodes feel.  So this morning, I am going for my first mammogram, and a sonogram.  I am not afraid to have the tests, just nervous about the results.  I am only 31, and although there is a history of breast cancer from my maternal grandmother, she had it later in life.  She did ask me if I have been having a lot of caffeine lately, um... is 5 cups of coffee a lot?  I know it is.  I think it is time to take better care of myself.  So, I am not freaking, because my friend had the same thing due to caffeine.  It was my only saving grace to keep me going the past few months, but I did cut back to what I used to have, only 2 cups yesterday, and no chocolate.  Maybe God is telling me to slow down a bit.  I will let you know what happens.  Ahhh, the joys of being a woman...

On the flip side, I got to spend the weekend with some of my favorite people, my good friends Keri and Stef, who also are FC's, and I got to meet the amazingly talented Gina Miller and Leah Profancik, who are our amazing photographers.  I spent the weekend at Keri's, and despite having a nasty cold, it was great.  The only sad part is I live so far from these gals.  I got to see the fabulous barn where Gina shot a lot of photos.  Very cool.  She is so sweet.  And, I got to have dinner with Miss Leah.  She is just as sweet as she is talented.  We got to hear about her trip to Australia.  Love them both!

And speaking of fabulous photographers, check out these sweet pics of Miss Audrey from the wonderful Beth.  Beth somehow knew I needed a smile.  Thank you so much Beth!  I wish I would have made 100 more of these tops.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

  And one of sweet Paige from the lovely Meredith, our Texas FC.

Photobucket

Have a good day ladies...think of my while I am being smashed and squished. ;)


4 comments:

  1. Awe Christine, just wanted to send some hugs your way and tell you I am staying optimistic on the outcome of your mammogram and sonogram. I hope you start to feel all around better soon. Keep us posted. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christine, I'm sorry about your tooth. I had the same thing happen and had to have it pulled. One positive note - good painkillers - LOL.

    I'm sure the caffine is the culprit and sending hugs your way. Hope the day gets better.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie!! I think about you all the time :) Have a blessed Thanksgiving!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, I only wish you the best and I hope all is going well, I some how found you looking for things on our sons condition but either way I always enjoy meeting new blogger friends god bless.

    ReplyDelete

© Copyright 2009 GenMarie. All rights reserved. Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio